Sunday, January 15, 2006

Speech

Speech Syllabus
January 16-20, 2006


Monday, January 16, 2006

• Discuss chapter 15 and check and collect student work.
• A media quiz will be handed out and students will discuss their answers.
• I will begin lecturing over chapter 15 with all of you participating.
• I will discuss ethos.
• Radio #1 speech will be assigned. This speech is due on Thursday. Everyone will go in one day.
• Explain the hand out over radio speech #1 and explain the rubric.
• I will conference with you about grades.


Tuesday, January 17, 2006

• I will define media and its purpose.
• I will give you examples of radio commercials-both professional and student.
• I will go over pp. 635-639 if did not cover.
• I will give you a radio worksheet.
• Hand in manuscript with time and target audience as well as evaluation form.
• All students will practice with the microphone.
• Work time.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

• In-Service today. We will not have class.
• Plymouth High School has open house tonight.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

• Students complete their radio speeches.

Friday, January 20, 2006

• Radio Speech #2 information will be given out. This is a Public Service Announcement.
• This speech is due on Wednesday, January 25, 2006.
• I will lecture over pathos.
• All students need to bring worksheet to class on Monday.
• The PHS writing rubric will be used to grade manuscript. This is the WAC assignment.

No comments: